Things that often go viral: cat movies, cute youngsters, animal rescues, tearjerking feats of humanity and superstar social media hijinks. But a sandwich? Let alone, a vegan sandwich? Oh yes. That is the way it went for the Whole Foods spin on a TTLA.
The fact is, most vegans have been consuming and making TTLA sandwiches for years now. The TTLA acronym stands for Tempeh, Tomato, Lettuce and Avocado. Of course, when you have tried the Whole Foods sandwich you understand that they use a dreamy garlic aioli that takes the sandwich to the subsequent degree. And including a pickle is a clever flavor improve as properly.
But guess what guys, in case you are stuck at residence or miles from a Whole Foods, you’ll be able to absolutely make a TTLA in your very personal kitchen — in a flash. And you’ll lastly perceive this “gone viral” quote from Tabitha Brown..
“If you bought a Whole Foods by you, go to their deli, ask for this TTLA, add a pickle, and watch your life change.”
Click ahead to get my Whole Foods Copycat TTLA Sandwich recipe…
Aioli on ciabatta..
Avocado, avocado, avocado..
Make it. Love it. Make it many times!
Gone Viral Vegan Food. One of my associates tagged me on the viral Tabitha Brown video. (TY for the heads up Cat!) I used to be like, oh, cool, yeah, vegans have been making that sandwich for a while now. But clearly, this was one thing particular happening. And the video is past superb and gratifying and lovable. Everything a viral video ought to be. And later that day, I stored bumping into the video online, many times. Well I used to be touring and the very next day I found myself in a Whole Foods Market in Palm Springs and their sandwich department had a bit of signal… (under) So, I HAD to attempt it and see what all of the fuss was about.
Haven’t heard of this “gone viral” submit? Check these article out to catch up…
– Cooking Light – watch the viral video here too
– “Trending at Whole Foods: the TTLA” – Whole Foods Market
The cool thing concerning the Whole Foods TTLA is that it absolutely a singular spin on a TTLA. Why? Well, I feel it’s all about that garlic aioli.
So how close to the “actual factor” is my sandwich recipe under? I might say, pretty darn shut!! I mean in the event you watch the sandwich maker’s work at WF you will notice that they are truly utilizing Lightlife branded tempeh bacon, which you should purchase right off the shelf at WF. When they make the sandwich, they do not even heat up the tempeh bacon, which all the time surprises me, however the humorous factor is, it still tastes superb. If you needed to, you may take an extra step and sauté the tempeh bacon in a skillet with a splash of oil. Totally non-compulsory though.
And the other choice is to only make some tempeh bacon yourself, which is my favourite thing to do with all types of recipes.
Watch me make tempeh bacon on this straightforward recipe publish.
Garlic Aioli. I personally assume that the factor that makes the Whole Foods sandwich a very distinctive a viral-worthy recipe is that they’ve added a garlic aioli to the sandwich. Genius! I do not know the precise recipe that WF uses, but this recipe under comes fairly darm shut. It was so scrumptious that I was dipping pieces of bread and carrot sticks in the leftovers and consuming it like that. SO good! There is one thing concerning the simple combo of garlic, lemon and vegan mayo that is beyond dreamy.
For the garlic, you might smash 1-Three raw cloves and use those. Or you would use chopped garlic (either recent or jarred). And lastly, you may use a number of cloves of roasted garlic, which might be actually scrumptious. Next time I’m going to attempt a roasted garlic aioli.
– Bread. I really like getting this sandwich on a rye bread or even a sturdy toasted sourdough.
– Pickle. Adding the pickle is a very good flavor upgrade.
– Peppers. Another add-on that I really like: roasted bell peppers.
– More spice. Add some pickled jalapeños or perhaps even some spicy Dijon mustard if you’d like a lift of heat.
– Extra Avo. Do not skimp on that avocado. Load it on! Definitely use a full half, if attainable mash on a whole avocado for one sandwich. Yup, that may be epic. For this sandwich, I used 3/Four a medium avocado.
Watch me make it..
This flavorful vegan sandwich accommodates avocado, smoky tempeh, tomato, green leaf lettuce and an unforgettable garlic aioli sauce.
- 1 ciabatta sandwich roll
- Four strips of smoky tempeh bacon (Lightlife model or DIYed recipe)
- 3 slices tomato
- 1-Three lettuce leaves (leafy green) – rinse nicely
- half – 1 avocado, sliced
- Garlic Aioli: (you’ll have a bit leftover – for an additional sandwich or dipping)
- Three-4 Tbsp vegan mayo (I exploit the Vegenaise with the purple cap)
- half lemon, juiced (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1 half Tbsp additional virgin olive oil
- Garlic choices: 3/Four Tbsp garlic, chopped (or 2 cloves, crushed) (or 2-Three cloves, roasted garlic)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional: sliced pickle (Sonoma Brinery used)
- Add all of the garlic aioli components to a small bowl and whisk till clean, rich and creamy. You want the olive oil to be emulsified.
- Lightly toast your ciabatta roll. Slice in half.
- Generously unfold the garlic aioli onto every inside the bread. press the aioli into the bread a bit so that it soaks in.
- Add the avocado to at least one inside the bread and smash properly into the aioli, using a fork.
- Layer on the tempeh strips, tomato and lettuce. Add the optionally available sliced dill pickle.
- Put the sandwich sides collectively and slice and serve! Enjoy this flavorful masterpiece.
Yield: 1 sandwich
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 minutes.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 15 minutes.
Tags: sandwich,ttla,copycat recipe,garlic aioli,vegan,entire meals,tempeh,lunch,entree,
A couple of comparable vegan recipes already right here on the weblog:
– BBQ Tempeh Avocado Tomato Sandwich on ciabatta
– BLT Roll-ups with straightforward vegan ranch dip
– Vegan California Club
– Bread & Butter Pickle Tempeh bacon Toast
– TMT pita (tomato, mache lettuce, tempeh bacon) circa 2010
– Cobb Salad with tempeh bacon, in a jar
– “Eggy” Breakfast Sandwiches with tempeh bacon and avocado
– HHL fan fave.. Smoky Tempeh Wrap, circa 2010
Pin it for later!…