This is the Avocado Sandwich of my goals. Fully loaded and never holding anything again. I feel the kicker is the layer of melty cheese! Dairy free + vegan. Plus, my do-it-yourself garlic aioli provides an awesome kick too. And scorching onions add warmth and smokiness.
The Goods. Melty vegan gouda cheese, recent tomato, leafy greens, sizzling skillet onions, sliced pickle, garlic aioli and a thick layer of buttery avocado. I served mine on rye bread, frivolously toasted, however you should use any bread you want. Let this be your subsequent lunchtime craving…
I have accountable my current TTLA publish for my ‘sandwich kick’ recently. While this sandwich appears kinda comparable, the flavors are quite totally different. This recipe focuses on a crisp taste from all of the veggies and avocado. Then warms things up with scorching onions and melted cheese. Because vegan cheese is so good these days, it is best to undoubtedly be adding it to your sandwiches.
This sandwich is for these occasions if you find yourself craving an avocado toast, however a primary avocado toast just is not going to do it for you. So, you flip your avocado toast into an avocado sandwich. More goodies in each chew, with all that avocado you have been craving…
– Garlic aioli. I had some leftover garlic aioli within the fridge and it really perks up each sandwich, so this was slathered on.
– Avocado. I used an entire avocado for this stacked sandwich. I used a fork to mash the avocado into the aioli-slathered aspect of the bread.
– Tomato. Juicy tomato is a light-weight and wonderful, colourful ingredient.
– Sizzling onions. This ingredient is a sandwich recreation changer! Sizzling onions solely take a few minutes to whip up they usually actually tone down the spicy taste of a raw onion, so you possibly can truly add MORE onions to your sandwich. I really like the purple colour and blackened edges they get from the skillet. The taste is slightly candy and mellow, yet still loaded with flavor.
– Gouda. Vegan cheese strains the opposite inside the bread. I exploit a easy method to soften the cheese. You might also add it unmelted, but it is soooo a lot better all gooey and melty. Oh, and you may truly use no matter vegan cheese you need. If you wouldn’t have vegan cheese, hummus is an effective alternative.
– Pickles. Add a shiny acidic layer of taste.
Greens. Load on those wholesome leafy greens! Use your fave variety or whatever you might have available.
This absolutely loaded avocado sandwich is full of veggies and loaded with flavor!
- 2 slices of bread, rye used
- 2 slices of vegan cheese, vegan Gouda used
- 1/2 pickle, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- half small purple onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp additional virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic aioli
- 1 avocado
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Slather one slice with tve vegan garlic aioli. Set aside.
- Add the cheese to the opposite slice of bread. Warm up a small skillet. Add 1 tsp oil. When the oil is scorching, add the bread, cheese aspect up. Then turn heat to low. Add one small ice dice and shortly cover the sandwich with a lid. The steam from the ice will melt the cheese. Lift lid, turn off warmth. Transfer the bread with the melted cheese to a slicing board or assembly space.
- Turn the heat again on to medium. Add one other teaspoon oil. When the oil is scorching, add within the purple onion slices. Cover with lid and permit them to prepare dinner for a minute. Remove lid and hold cooking on medium-high until they soften and frivolously blacken. When they are completed, flip off the heat and switch the onions to the bread with the cheese. Lay the onions right on prime of the melted cheese.
- Next, add the avocado to the bread with the aioli. Smash the avocado into the bread using a fork.
- Add the tomato, pickle and leafy greens.
- Close up the sandwich. Slice and serve.
Yield: 1 sandwich
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 minutes.
Total time: 15 minutes.
Tags: sandwich,avocado sandwich,avocado,pickles,tomato,vegan,cheese,lunch.entree,straightforward,
pin it for later…