Have you ever had an entire roasted cauliflower? No? Get ready.
Topped with an almond dukkah crust and sitting on a bed of hummus, this recipe is an entire Mediterranean feast and complete deal with for the tastebuds. You can take pleasure in it as a important dish or as a aspect however one thing is for positive, you’re in for a show-stopping and satisfying meal.
The power of cauliflower
I keep in mind again in 2014 once I did a TV phase on food developments and cauliflower made my record. Fast-forward 4 years and it turns out the development continues to be going robust! And it’s straightforward to know why.
First, versatility within the kitchen. From cauliflower rice to pizza crust to toast, its neutral flavour lends itself nicely to a variety of dishes and cuisines. Second, nutrition. Part of the cruciferous gang alongside with broccoli, kale, bok choy and cabbage, cauliflower supplies the physique with phytonutrients, plant compounds that shield the body from illness by means of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory exercise.
Other Motive Nutrition cauliflower recipes to dry:
What is Dukkah?
Dukkah is an aromatic Egyptian mix of nuts, seeds and spices historically made with hazelnuts. It’s delicious with bread and olive oil and a sprinkle is a fast solution to improve meat, fish or greens. You should buy dukkah in specialty stores however it’s straightforward to make at house. I chose to make my blend with almonds as they’re extra of a staple in my pantry but you possibly can definitely substitute any another nut.
Whole roasted cauliflower with almond crust
Enjoy this as a stand-alone meal or as a show-stopping aspect.
- 1 medium cauliflower (roughly 1.5 kilos)
- half cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin seeds*
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds*
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- 1 cup hummus
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Set a rack in the midst of the oven and flippantly grease a baking tray with olive oil.
- Trim the leaves and stem of the cauliflower, making certain a flat bottom in order that it sits upright.
- Place 1/4 cup water within the bottom of a giant glass bowl, add the entire cauliflower and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Meanwhile, put together the almond spice blend.
- In a dry pan, toast the almonds, sesame seeds, cumin seeds and coriander seeds till fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor or energy blender. Add the salt and course of until combination is roughly ground. Reserve half cup for this recipe and store the remaining in hermetic container in the refrigerator for as much as 1 month (scrumptious on fish, meat or vegetables).
- For the cauliflower
- In a small bowl, combine half cup almond spice mixture with 3 tablespoons of olive oil to type a paste.
- Place the cauliflower on the baking tray and pat the mixture onto the cauliflower, spreading the florets gently to sneak some inside.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then broil for five minutes until the top is golden, watching it rigorously
- Spread the hummus onto a plate. Carefully transfer the cauliflower on prime of the hummus and sprinkle with chopped parsley and sesame seeds if desired.
- If you do not have entire cumin or coriander seeds, you’ll be able to substitute with 1 teaspoon floor cumin and 1/2 teaspoon floor coriander and add to the combination as soon as floor.
Motive Nutrition http://motivenutrition.com/
Share your creation!
Use #MotiveNutrition everytime you create this recipe at residence so I can see your creation!