This creamy, rich, chocolate pudding might look sinfully sweet – however it’s truly quite good for you. Rich in plant-based protein from tofu and antioxidants from uncooked cacao powder. Originally posted in 2011, I’m giving this submit a 2018 update with some added pics and a how-to video. (…coming sooooon!)
One taste and you will notice why this decadent pudding or mousse has long been a HealthyHappyLife fan fave! And one among my all time fave recipes as properly. You may even completely name this a wholesome snack and even breakfast! No-Cook technique – simply mix and serve. Only 5 components! I also share my current favourite approach to spin this recipe…
Spicy “Mexican Chocolate” Spin. This is my present obsession. Making this recipe just because the recipe calls for under, however adding in 1/8 – 1/4 tsp cayenne. It adds a wonderfully spicy accent that I personally love. I additionally love adding crushed graham crackers or vanilla cookies on the bottom of the serving dish – or layering them in like a parfait.
And this pudding all the time all the time tastes superb with recent purple berries like raspberries and strawberries.
The unique submit follows….
Have you observed this development amongst vegans? I’ve observed that they like to gleefully share the somewhat distinctive dishes that they eat for breakfast. Forget cold cereal wheat flakes or pop tarts, vegans have creativity through the breakfast hour coated. Lets look at this..
Breakfast Pudding. Add a handful of recent fruit, perhaps some further superfood toppings and this pudding turns into a wonderfully healthy AM parfait. Rich in protein, antioxidants, fiber and taste.
Raw Cacao. The uncooked cacao for this recipe is very important. You cannot swirl in some chocolate syrup and call it a day. High quality cacao is vital to making this recipe both healthy and delicious. I used Navitas Naturals brand raw cacao powder. The taste is rich and earthy. I add scoops of these items to granola bar mixes, healthy chocolate cake, muffins, cookies, smoothies, shakes and extra. You can discover it at Whole Foods – mine was within the dietary dietary supplements section. Right next to the hemp seeds and tremendous fruit trail combine blends.
Cacao Facts: 2.5 Tbsp raw cacao accommodates 8% RDA of iron, 4g fiber and a wealthy quantity of antioxidants. They say darkish chocolate is “good” for you – nicely this raw cacao is even better!..
This rich and fluffy vegan chocolate pudding is dreamy and superb and truly good for you! Protein packed.
- 14-16ouncessilken tofu, about 2 1/2 cups
- Three-Four Tbsp raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)*
- 3-Four Tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1-2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 – half tsp pink Himalayan salt
- non-compulsory: 1/8 – 1/Four tsp cayenne
- elective: half – Three/Four tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit to garnish: attempt recent pink berries or sliced banana
- Add all components to your excessive velocity blender. Blend from low to high until silky clean. Taste check and modify sweetness and chocolate and salt if needed. Tip: The first time you make this, start out by including minimal components (cocoa, salt, sweetener….) after which add more to ensure the taste matches your choice. I just like the chocolate really bold and the sweetness with a nice brightness to go with the hint of salt. Tip: For a thicker pudding, add two Tbsp coconut oil as an alternative of one.
- When the pudding is to your required taste preferences, give it yet one more whip within the blender on the very best velocity – for about 30 seconds. This will whip as a lot air as attainable into the pudding, giving it that mousse-like texture upon chilling. Pour into serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap (optionally available) and chill for a minimum of an hour to firm up.
Serve chilled with non-compulsory recent berries. Coconut whip can also be a scrumptious addition! Yes, these can made up to some days prematurely of serving and maintain for about 3-5 days max within the fridge earlier than they lose their fluffy, silky, moist texture a bit.
Yield: Four servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 5 minutes.
Tags: chocolate,vegan,dessert,dairy free, tofu
Other Creative Options:
* Blend in peanut or almond butter for a nutty accent.
* Add a touch of cinnamon for a spiced choco flavor.
* Add in uncooked coconut flakes for additional coconut-y flavor.
* Top with coconut whip.
* Blend in an entire raw banana for a creamy sweet tropical accent.
* Blend in some raspberries for a softer berry-ish pudding.
* Blend in cayenne for warmth.
* Blend in vanilla bean seeds.
* Layer in crushed grahams or vanilla cookies – and even chocolate cookies for a decadent parfait.
* Blend in frozen fruit – like frozen bananas – for a mushy serve frozen pudding type dessert. (If you do this you do not even want to wait to relax it within the fridge!)
Pin-it for later!