disclosure: sponsored publish, as a part of my 2015 DOLE ambassadorship
Raise your hand in case you have tried Disney’s iconic swirled frozen dessert, DOLE Whip?
If you did increase your hand, you’ll know just why I’m showcasing this sensually swirled, perky pineapple, candy and silky dessert. DOLE Whip is so cravable that you simply principally want a DIY, made-by-you, copycat recipe.
If you did not increase your hand, properly here is a little taste of the wonderment that’s DOLE Whip. And I hope in the future yow will discover your self in line (in all probability an extended, lengthy line) to attempt the actual thing. But for now, this frosty recent pineapple recipe is a reasonably fabulous substitute.
Get my recipe and dive into some pineapple whip, immediately!..
*This publish was updated a bit in four/2018*
DIY’ed pineapple bliss..
The real deal DOLE Whip…. Cue the angels singing…
A photograph posted by Kathy / HealthyHappyLife (@kathypatalsky) on
DOLE Whip in Hawaii, at Aulani, Oahu..
ICONIC. DOLE Whip is so iconic and superb that it has its personal T-shirts, its own cult fan following and at Disneyland, often a line that wraps far around the Tiki Tiki Room, simply inside the borders of Disneyland’s Adventure Land – a brief stroll away from the Indiana Jones Ride, as well as the Walt Disney statue, and Sleeping Beauty’s citadel. DOLE Whip + princess vibes? Yes, please.
Yup, I love DOLE Whip. The unique version is magically vegan, dairy-free, wealthy in real pineapple goodness and the yummiest thing at Disneyland (for my part) … (and that says so much, as a result of Disneyland has a whole lot of yumminess.) PS. My second fave vegan thing at Disneyland: The tofu + rice bowls in California Adventure Park.
DIY DOLE Whip. When you’re away from the stunning Disney Parks where DOLE Whip is served, you’ll be able to satisfy your pineapple-swirl cravings by making this DIY version. Trust me, it’s amazingly yummy and very close to the actual thing for those who prepare it correctly! (Just do not skimp on utilizing a recent pineapple for freezing!…)
DIY DOLE Whip Tips + Musts:
– Fresh Pineapple. To obtain copycat recipe perfection and pineapple bliss, you MUST use recent, cut-by-you pineapple. Fresh pineapple helps you obtain the bold pineapple taste that is so imbedded in every DOLE Whip swirl. So head out to your grocery retailer, buy a pineapple, chop it up and stick it in the freezer.
– Fresh AND Sweet. Make positive you pineapple could be very ripe. You may even only need to chop up the underside half of the pineapple on your DOLE Whip use, as a result of the bottom half of the pineapple is all the time sweeter than the highest half close to the stem! Sweetness and sugars are most concentrated in the direction of the bottom of the fruit.
– Ripe Bananas. The similar rule goes for the bananas that you simply freeze, wait till they are beginning to get black-speckled to freeze them. This ensures that your WHIP is as sweet and creamy as potential.
– The Liquid. Use a non-dairy milk that has some physique to it, and incorporates some fat. I really like soymilk. But for a very decadent swirl, attempt coconut milk. Just keep away from any of the “fat free” or “low in calories” non-dairy milks. Your non-dairy milk should have at the least 60 energy per cup, for my part. Anything less is pretty watery, on common. Read my vegan milk evaluation right here for concepts.
– Bonus Points. If you need bonus points by way of further intense pineapple taste, add some pineapple juice in there too. Fresh juice is greatest, however see what yow will discover at your grocery retailer. One enjoyable concept is tofreeze pineapple juice into cubes to make pineapple juice ice cubes. Then add a couple of of those to your blender. Or simply add a number of splashes of juice to your recipe. Just remember to add enough frozen fruit to maintain the thickness in tact!
– Blender: A excessive velocity blender is a must for super clean and silky, thick and fluffy whip.
This is a copycat recipe for the yummiest dessert at Disney Parks, DOLE Whip! Rich in actual pineapple flavor and goodness, this dairy-free frozen treat is certain to please!
- 2 cups (frozen-by-you) DOLE pineapple cubes, from a recent DOLE pineapple (reduce by you)
- 1 DOLE banana, frozen
- 1/2-1 cup non-dairy milk (soy, almond, coconut…)
- First you a pineapple, wait until it is aromatic and ripe, then chop it into cubes. Freeze the cubes. Also freeze your personal ripe bananas.
- Place the pineapple, banana and half cup non-dairy milk in a high velocity blender like a Vitamix. Place lid on and start mixing from low to high. Continue blending and use your Vitamix tamper — Vitamix is suggested for attaining greatest results.) You need to add as little liquid as potential to take care of the frosty thickness, but add more liquid in small splashes as needed to mix.
- Pour the frosty whip right into a serving cup, swirl on prime with the back of a spoon and serve! Garnish with recent pineapple if potential. Colorful umbrella non-compulsory.
Yield: 1 serving
Cook time: 00 hrs. 05 minutes.
Total time: 5 minutes.
Tags: dessert,pineapple,dole,dole whip,snack,breakfast,wholesome,ice cream,banana
Pin it for later..
And should you ever get to Hawaii…..
Nutrition Facts. Some fruity fun details concerning the components in this recipe.. (courtesy of the Dole Nutrition Institute and Jenn LaVardera, MS, RD)
– Pineapples are a marvel healer. This sweet, tropical fruit is the one source of an enzyme referred to as bromelain, which has been proven to scale back inflammation, provide ache aid and assist pores and skin injuries heal quicker. It might even alleviate asthma signs.
– Bananas: Did you already know they come in each shade? While the ripeness of normal bananas is rated in seven totally different shades from dark inexperienced to yellow and “cheetah spotted,” other varieties can be found in a variety of shade hues, together with shiny purple. Most North Americas are solely accustomed to the yellow Cavendish variety
This submit was sponsored by the Get Up and Grow Tour – replace: the tour has ended, however you’ll be able to all the time browse enjoyable new issues on DOLE.com
More DISNEY vibes..
Feeling magical at Disneyland..
Do not overlook to say hi to Elsa, after some DOLE Whip enjoyable at Disneyland..
*disclosure: this publish was sponsored by my associates at DOLE