I made this Savory Mushroom Toast for lunch the opposite day and it was simply scrumptious! The recipe is for a undertaking I’m working on that I can’t wait to share with you guys within the next month or so. But this recipe was simply too good – I needed to share it now. Because you completely need mushroom toast on your menu this week.
Ahead, I additionally share a couple of favorite ingredient accents when cooking with mushrooms – and a few other fave mushroom recipes…
Make it a Meal. Serve this toast with a aspect of soup or salad, or all on it is own. Split it with a good friend – or devour it all by yourself.
If you need a fun spin on issues, you possibly can truly make the primary layer of this toast as either hummus or smashed avocado. Or hold issues easy like I did, and spread some vegan butter on your toast.
Mushrooms are made even more delicious by including a number of things:
– herbs – recent or dried. Rosemary and thyme are perfection.
– garlic – uncooked or roasted
– acid – pink wine or balsamic vinegar (I used balsamic) – lemon is good too
– vegan butter – yes sure sure, so good.
– salt and pepper – bonus points for those who use truffle salt – swoon.
– truffle – and again, truffle oil or salt brings your shrooms to an entire new degree
– chopped nuts or seeds on prime – walnuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds are all pretty nutty accents for mushrooms
Some other mushroom recipes you may love:
– Mushroom Risotto
– No-Cream of Mushroom Soup
– Mushroom Asparagus Pasta
– Mushroom Philly Cheese Sandwich
– Mushroom Marinara Melt
– Mushroom ‘Bacon’
Hope you guys are having a cheerful Monday and have an amazing week ahead, Okay xoxo
This straightforward mushroom toast has savory flavors of mushroom, garlic and vegan butter. Serve on your favorite bread!
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 tsp additional virgin olive oil
- half cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tsp vegan butter OR 1-2 Tbsp hummus
- salt and pepper to taste
- optionally available herbs: thyme or rosemary
- non-compulsory greens: chopped spinach or kale
- 1-2 slices of hearty bread, toasted
- Warm up a skillet over excessive warmth.
- Add within the olive oil. When oil is scorching, add the mushrooms and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes, till tender.
- Add within the garlic and salt and pepper to style. Add any chopped dried herbs here as properly – hyperlink minced rosemary or a pinch of thyme. Saute the mushrooms with the added components.
- Turn heat to low or off and add the balsamic vinegar. Toss a bit. (Add an additional splash if desired!)
- Turn heat again on and turn to high for a minute or so. Things shall be sizzling and steamy at this point. This is once you actually need to see the mushrooms caramelizing and browning on the sides. The longer you prepare dinner them, the extra you will notice the stunning browned colour forming and the flavors really creating as the moisture cooks off even more. Taste a mushroom and regulate salt/pepper to style. If desired, fold in a handful of chopped greens like spinach or kale. Turn off warmth.
- Toast bread. Add either vegan butter or hummus to the bread.
- Top bread with a plentiful quantity of mushrooms – as many as you’ll be able to cram on the slice. Top with optionally available chopped herbs or a pinch of chopped greens like spinach or kale. Serve!
Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 07 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 07 mins.
Total time: 14 minutes.
Tags: mushrooms, toast,sandwich,breakfast,entree,vegan,savory,
Pin it for later: