This Speedy Fiesta Bean Bowl recipe is full of taste and hearty goodness.
The elements: Pinto beans, fire-roasted tomatoes, pink onion, garlic and Mexican spices create a flavorful combination that is good for filling warmed tortillas and serving alongside guacamole, scorching sauce and creamy vegan sauces.
This bowl is surprisingly straightforward and speedy to make. Fast, filling and flavorful, this bowl will depart you feeling fully-charged!..
Sochi cat approves..
Today’s recipe is definitely impressed by Frontera Grill’s new frozen food product: the Three Bean Bowl. I tried it a couple of weeks in the past and needed to re-create one thing close to it for you guys (and myself!) It incorporates, beans, veggies, spicy sauce, rice and a few plantains too. And while I not often eat ‘frozen meals,’ I do love the idea of this bowl: beans and superb sauce with a couple of added veggies and flavor accents.
(And ps. this isn’t a sponsored publish, lol, I simply love the concept of the product. And it impressed me!!)
Fast Food. One of my fave things concerning the Frontera product is how FAST it is to organize. 5-7 minutes within the microwave. So for at present’s recipe, I used to be positive to make things: fast, flavorful and absolutely charged. But this recipe is make using one skillet, on your stovetop. For velocity, I minimize out a couple of components like rice and the plantains. But when you have more time, you possibly can completely add them back in. Because skillet plantains are top-of-the-line things ever, right?
I made at present’s recipe in nearly twenty minutes, with components I often all the time have available. I chose to use frozen chopped kale for my greens as a result of I feel frozen greens are so handy. Plus, they remind me only a bit extra of the bowl I am making an attempt to duplicate for you guys.
Other goodies you possibly can add to this bowl:
– cashew bitter cream
– guacamole or sliced avocado
– scorching sauce
– vegan ranch or one other creamy sauce like chipotle mayo
– chopped cilantro
– vegan cheese shreds
– Mexican rice
– skillet plantain
– recent or bottled salsa
– corn chips
– vegan spicy sausage
– pumpkin seeds
– sliced black olives
– so many things!!
Reminder: Don’t overlook to enter the large summer time giveaway being hosted by Good Foods Guacamole. I have entry particulars over on this blog submit.
Hope you’re keen on this spicy, hearty, healthy, bean-tastic bowl as much as I did!..
Packed with taste, this quick and straightforward bean bowl could be glammed up nevertheless you want.
- 1 15ouncescan of pinto beans, drained
- 1 14ouncescan of crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- half cup spicy salsa
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped kale or spinach (or sub with recent)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp purple pepper flakes
- 2-Three Tbsp dietary yeast
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp additional virgin olive oil
- sea salt to style
- elective: scorching sauce + vegan ranch or chipotle mayo on prime
- Add the olive oil to a big skillet and heat over high warmth. When oil is scorching, add the purple onion. Saute for 2-Three minutes until tender. Add within the garlic in the direction of the top of the time.
- Add in the beans, crushed tomatoes, salsa, dietary yeast, cumin and pink pepper flakes. Add in a couple of pinches of sea salt – to taste. Fold gently to mix. Allow to prepare dinner for 2 minutes, until the sides of the combination begin to bubble.
- Turn warmth right down to medium. Push the bean combination to the aspect and add within the spinach or kale. Press it into the recent pan to help wilt the greens. Cover with a lid, if desired to extra shortly wilt the greens.
- When the greens are warm and gentle, gently fold them into the bean combination. Turn off warmth. Do a style check and salt to style if you need a bit extra.
- Warm your tortillas and put together your guacamole. You can even merely slice your avocado.
- Scoop the bean combination into serving bowls and serve alongside the guac or avocado – and the warmed tortillas.
- Finally, drizzle scorching sauce over prime. Drizzle one thing creamy over prime too. This could possibly be vegan ranch, vegan chipotle mayo or one other vegan mayo or sour cream sort combination. DIY cashew cream works great too.
Yield: 2-3 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 07 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 13 minutes.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: beans, entree,vegan,dinner,bowl,straightforward,mexican,spicy,burrito bowl, salsa
Pin it for later..
Kitties and sunbeams and bean bowls, oh my..