Behold my new go-to breakfast; kefir chocolate oats. With just a handful of elements, this nourishing, intestine-loving bowl comes collectively in minutes and will begin your day with slightly style of heaven.
Unlike most overnight oat recipes which might be yogurt-based mostly, this one calls for kefir, a fermented beverage with a consistency someplace in between milk and yogurt, making it my top choice to mix into oats.
Why do you have to attempt kefir? As a fermented food, it’s an environment friendly option to introduce wholesome micro organism into the food plan which helps to improve the variety of microbes dwelling within the intestine. Other fermented foods you could be acquainted with embrace yogurt, kombucha and sauerkraut. But with this deliciously simple breakfast recipe, I have a gut feeling kefir will turn out to be a daily in your menu too.
Gut-loving chocolate oats
- 1/2 cup plain oats
- 1/3 cup plain kefir
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon uncooked cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (to taste)
- Sliced berries and banana
- In a small bowl, place the oats, kefir, almond milk and uncooked cacao. Stir till mixed.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, coconut and maple syrup. Top with recent fruit and luxuriate in.
- To make this recipe forward of time, combine the components in an hermetic jar and hold within the fridge up to 3 days. Add further milk to loosen as wanted.
Motive Nutrition http://motivenutrition.com/