Have you heard of meatless Mondays and taco Tuesdays? Theming your days of the week is one in every of my prime ideas on the subject of menu planning as I’ve shared on the blog earlier than. It’s a good way to shave day without work your routine and provide you with weeknight dinner ideas, fast.
When you come house on the end of the work week to a kitchen with nothing but eggs and a few pantry staples, omelettes are the apparent selection for a speedy, healthy dinner. In our family, this is how frittata Fridays have been born.
Today’s recipe is for a parma pizza frittata, which uses a frittata base and is garnished with pizza toppings. Simple, quick and so versatile, be happy to use this similar base and add your favourite toppings:
- Tomato sauce
- Or another toppings you take pleasure in!
Want to get youngsters involved? Go ahead and divide the egg mixture amongst smaller skillets and have them select their toppings for individual frittatas.
Parma Pizza Frittata
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g recent mozzarella cheese or three giant bocconcini, torn
- 6 leaves recent basil, roughly chopped
- 4 slices Prosciutto di Parma
- Preheat the oven to broil and set the rack in the midst of the oven.
- In a big bowl, whisk together the eggs, breadcrumbs and oregano. Add a pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- In a big oven save skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the egg mixture to the pan, and utilizing a spatula, pull the outer edges to the center and prepare dinner till the underside is about and prime is simply slightly runny. Remove from the heat.
- Top the frittata with the cherry tomatoes and cheese, and place on the center oven rack and broil until cheese is melted and prime is golden, about 3 minutes watching rigorously that it does not burn.
- Remove from the oven and prime with recent basil, prosciutto and a drizzle of excellent quality additional virgin olive oil.
Motive Nutrition http://motivenutrition.com/