I made this Maple-Pumpkin White Bean Quesadilla for lunch a number of weeks in the past with some leftover pumpkin I had in the fridge and I nonetheless can’t stop occupied with it! These flavors might not appear apparent to traditional savory quesadilla lovers .. I mean, smashed beans, pumpkin and maple? But sure! The savory sweet attraction of this quesadilla is so memorable, cravable and tremendous scrumptious.
Melty vegan cheese mingles with the creamy pumpkin and sweet maple syrup. A couple of smashed white beans add texture and savory attraction. A number of spices add much more flavor, attempt cayenne for heat or cinnamon for heat. Make these toasty triangles just once and I am positive you’ll be dreaming of them once more too!
UPDATED! Plus, I simply added a video that I did with my good friend Vince. So enjoyable to share this recipe with him, even years after first posting it. I still make this each fall and fall in love with the flavors … no pun meant…
Be positive to comply with Vince on YouTube, simply comply with the YouTube link on the video or take a look at his channel here! Vince posts really awesome movies that includes vegan food and extra. I really love his Disneyland video. Maybe I can get him to do another one and invite me alongside. Disneyland fun for work? Yes please!
Ingredients Help for this Recipe:
– Cheese. I really love using a vegan white cheese for this recipe. Cheddar would work, however a white cheese like gouda and even pepper jack workd so properly. I really like Follow Your Heart, Parmela, Daiya and extra. Check out my vegan cheese guide for more concepts for nice vegan cheeses. You might even use the Kite Hill vegan cream cheese for a creamy spin.
– White Beans. Easy simply grab a field or can of any white bean. Navy, cannellini or even chickpeas when you do not mind mashing a bit more firmly. The different choice is to make use of a hummus instead of beans! I tried this and truly actually liked it. No mashing needed and also you get additional intense taste.
– Tortillas. I really like a medium sized tortilla folded over for this recipe. Though two small tortillas and even one giant wrap works too. I really like Teff tortillas. Also corn or even primary flour.
– Pumpkin Butter. My unique recipe used straight up pumpkin puree and drizzled over prime maple and spice. This time, I truly made a pumpkin butter to slather on and in addition avoid wasting for later for toast and extra. Both ways work though. And if you would like additional sweetness, you possibly can all the time drizzle on more maple!
The quesadilla I made the other day with Vince – from the video above. Didn’t actually type this one as a lot, and used a Teff tortilla. SO good!
These cheese, savory-sweet pumpkin quesadillas are what fall and winter recipe goals are made from.
- 1 medium to giant wrap or tortilla, any variety (If utilizing small tortillas, use two.
- 1 tsp additional virgin olive oil
- 1/four cup or 1 slice vegan cheese, shredded (a spread that melts – see my guide here)
- 1/4 cup cooked white beans – or 1 Tbsp hummus
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped (non-compulsory)
- Pumpkin Butter – you’ll have leftovers:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vegan butter, melted or softened
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- pinch of recent orange zest (optionally available)
- Add all the pumpkin butter components to a blender. Blend from low to high until clean and warmed a bit. Scoop into a aspect bowl.
- Warm a skillet over excessive heat. Add olive oil to the skillet and swirl pan so oil evenly distributes.
- Slather one half od the inside of the tortilla in pumpkin butter. Using a fork, smash the beans into the pumpkin. If utilizing hummus, slather it on the other half of the inside of the tortilla. Sprinkle in the parsley and cheese. If using a slice of cheese, tear into small items.
- Place the tortilla within the pan and permit the surface to bubble within the scorching oil for 1-3 minutes,
until edges brown, however the tortilla continues to be delicate enough to fold. Fold the tortilla over to close the quesadilla. Cover the pan with a lid for 1-2 minutes to assist melt the cheese.
- The tortilla ought to be browned and bubbly by now, and the insides heat and delicate. Remove quesadila from pan. Slice into triangles and serve heat.
Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 minutes.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 05 minutes.
Total time: 10 mins.
Pin it for later..