This vegan Lentil Bolognese Sauce, served over prime spaghetti, or any favourite pasta, is a delicious go-to comfort food dinner. This is a rich, hearty tomato sauce, studded with tender lentils, garlic, onion and carrots. This version tosses in a couple of additional veggies too. Those (elective) bonus veggies add extra texture, shade and nutrition.
Lentil Bolognese is a good way to make your pasta right into a one-bowl meal. We utterly fell in love with this dish as we taste-tested it for dinner. I hope you may give it a attempt to begin swooning over it too…
I am pretty obsessive about pasta these days. I mean, like more than I’m often obsessed wit it. Which is often, so much.
Maybe the exceptionally chilly Los Angeles air is spinning me right into a consolation food kick. Who knows. I do need to say that purchasing probably the most superb pasta from Eataly LA is actually serving to my obsession take flight. They have a number of superior brands that use farro and kamut selection grains. They have a reasonably superb wine section too, and what’s higher than purple wine and an enormous bowl of steamy pasta on a kind’ve chilly winter night time?
Protein + Veggies, Plz. When I serve my pasta bowls, along with the must-have pasta and sauce, I all the time wish to throw in an extra increase of protein and veggies. Sometimes I exploit meatless “meatballs” and for the veggies, I like to make a aspect of steamed garlicky greens (chard, kale or spinach). IF I need a uncooked salad, I will do a easy EVOO + balsamic vinegar salad. I really like butter lettuce or a slightly bitter spring combine.
And we looooooove the sprinkle of vegan Parm on prime. You can make your personal blending raw walnuts and dietary yeast in a blender, until powdery. Or attempt the vegan Parms available in shops. (There are a number of good brands!)
If you’re just ogling food pictures on-line and infrequently ever make things .. I know you guys are out there. I problem you to attempt your hand at pasta! It is significantly a type of dishes that you could whip up and really play with depending on no matter components you have got in the house. Having dried pasta, and few bottles of excellent marinara sauce available is straightforward sufficient for anyone. And perhaps some nutritional yeast, pink pepper flakes and vegan Parm to make issues even better. You may even toss in some frozen meatless balls OR go all in and whip up in the present day’s recipe.
So there you’ve it. This recipe is my consolation food problem to you…
Pop open a bottle of purple wine (or perhaps just a few good glowing water), drop some pasta, simmer this sauce and comfy up to an enormous ol’ bowl of Italian love, by way of noodles and sauce. Enjoy guys!
This thick and strong Lentil Bolognese Sauce is studded with carrots and onion, garlic and a dose of bonus rainbow veggies just for good measure! Vegan and straightforward to make.
- 1 Tbsp additional virgin olive oil
- 2-Four cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small pink onion, diced
- 1 giant carrot, diced
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1 Tbsp cane sugar (optionally available)
- 1 28ouncescan of crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1/2 cup frozen veggies (combined mix with carrots, peas, corn, inexperienced beans..)
- half tsp sea salt (or to style)
- 1/2 tsp purple pepper flakes (or to style)
- 2-6 Tbsp dietary yeast
- 1 15ouncescan of lentils, drained
- Also: Pasta, any selection
- Garnish: Fresh basil
- Warm an extra giant, deep skillet (like a cast iron pan) over excessive heat. You can even fill a big soup pot with water and convey pasta water to a boil.
- Add within the oil, garlic and onion. Stir for a minute until onions are tender. Add within the carrots, sugar and Italian seasoning blend and stir. Turn warmth to medium and prepare dinner for one to two minutes to soften carrots a bit.
- Add in the frozen veggies, crushed tomatoes, pink pepper flakes, nutritional yeast and sea salt. Bring to a brisk simmer, while stirring. Add in the lentils and turn heat to low.
- Simmer the sauce on low for 5-10 minutes. Just enough time to scale back and thicken the sauce, soften the carrots and warm every part collectively. Do a style check and add in additional spices, nooch and salt if desired.
- At some level alongside the best way, as your water boil, you’ll be able to drop the pasta and boil in accordance with package deal. Drain when completed cooking.
- When sauce is warm and thickened, toss together with your sauce and serve heat. Fresh basil is a stunning garnish. Store leftovers, coated within the fridge for up to 4 days.
Yield: serves Four
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 minutes.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 minutes.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: pasta, lentils,vegan,bolognese,tomato,sauce,dinner,entree,vegetarian,italian,
Pin it for later!