It is Wednesday. Sunny out. I simply received residence from a morning of errands and walking and sun shades. Waltzed within the door and dove right into my platter of those Easter Bunny Cupcakes within the fridge. Devoured two. With an enormous glass of hydrating water. And I really feel actually good about that. But why? I mean, cupcakes for lunch?? Madness. Well my pals, these fluffy, spring-y gems are pretty wholesome on the cupcake spectrum. (Pssst. Don’t inform the youngsters, but they’re virtually like muffins masquarading as cupcakes..) So I’m completely satisfied about that. But principally, they only taste crazy good.
Easter Baking. These colorful vegan cupcakes are an excellent plant-based various to egg dying round Easter time. Fluffy almond-coconut cupcakes (which are dense and awesome enough to double as plain previous muffins) are topped with an excellent simple, coconut whip frosting, dyed in a reasonably array of pastel colours — all from crops!
Get the recipe and have a rainbow platter of your very own..
I really like utilizing the straightforward coconut milk frosting for these..
These are literally so yummy without frosting, they might absolutely double as muffins..
Rainbow colours for spring..
Rim the cupcakes with coconut if you would like! Sprinkles work too.. (I used India Tree brand as traditional because they are plant sourced colors..)
So there aren’t any precise Easter bunnies faces or frosting designs on these cupcakes. So if some search engine brought you here for that, I apologize. But really, I encourage you to maintain reading anyhow, as a result of the precise Easter Bunny, the one in real life, obviously, would totally make these as an alternative of those old skool colored eggs, if solely he had the recipe. Well you do have the recipe! One up the Easter bunny this yr. Just saying.
Colors From Plants. I need to warn you that a number of of the plant colour components are arduous to return by. So in case you are dedicated to baking up a full rainbow of colors you will have to jump over to Amazon or some fancy pure foods retailer fairly shortly and buy a couple of specialty elements. I’m warning you now, as a result of I know lots of you frown at specialty components .. hey, me too, I get it.
But if you do not want allllll the colours, or perhaps you simply need to maintain your frosting white and use rainbow sprinkles on prime – good! Easier for you. But I simply happen to have the flamboyant colour components, so here I went….
The fancy plant colour components:
RED/PINK – pitaya (frozen packets) or beets (juice or crushed bits) — warm half tsp of frozen pitaya, simply to room temp. Stir into the frosting. Just a little goes a great distance. The similar for beets! A small quantity of juice goes a great distance.
ORANGE/YELLOW – colored sugar sprinkles (plant-based) or turmeric – 1/8 tsp or much less of turmeric achieves a brilliant shade.
GREEN – matcha green tea powder or spirulina – Whisk in to mix. Add just a little at a time until the color you want is achieved.
BLUE – blue green spirulina capsules, aka Blue Maijk (this is the trickiest one, however does supply up a stunning shade) – similar at the inexperienced, whisk in to mix. Add a bit at a time till the color you need is achieved.
PURPLE – wild blueberries or acai powder (I left this out, but in addition potential) – Wild blueberry juice can pack a strong shade punk for a light-weight purple. Acai powder creates a extra brownish purple colour.
Other choice: Keep the frosting white and use rainbow sprinkles
Easter “Lamb Cake” or other shapes might totally be applied to this recipe. A “Lamb Cake” was all the time a baking tradition in my household. And I veganized a model a number of years in the past..This publish has those particulars and a recipe.
So give these plump little gems a attempt to I promise you’ll be totally impressed together with your rainbow-making expertise.
These fluffy almond coconut muffins bake up hearty and dense with superb frivolously sweet taste. These could be topped with coconut frosting, or simply eaten plain.
- Almond-Coconut Cupcakes:
- half cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- half cup raw almonds
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or almond extract can be fascinating too)
- 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (about room temp)
- 1/four tsp cinnamon (optionally available)
- half cup + 2 tsp apple sauce (strongly advise to make a DIY raw model)
- Coconut Milk Frosting:
- 1 cup natural powdered sugar, sifting optionally available
- 1 can of coconut milk, using only the “cream” – can chilled in fridge in a single day
- half tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- Optional cupcake garnishes: plant colours, sprinkles or/and extra coconut flakes
- Prep Notes: 1) Your coconut milk can needs to be absolutely chilled earlier than using. this means sticking it within the fridge overnight earlier than use. 2) DIY applesauce is encouraged for this recipe. I blended a small green apple with about 2-3 Tbsp of water to create my fast blender apple sauce. Store bought will work, however you may need to add in 1 tso recent lemon juice to add some acidity that cooked applesauce can lose. Three) Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Add the coconut shreds and raw almonds to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend till clean and four-like. Pour combination into a large mixing bowl. Use your fingers to interrupt up all the massive clumps.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar. Toss nicely to mix.
- Add within the vanilla extract, melted coconut oil. Whisk into the flour mixture. Then add in the non-dairy milk, non-compulsory cinnamon and applesauce. Continue to whisk nicely till a thick and fluffy batter types.
- Scoop the batter into the lined cups.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Then scale back warmth to 350 and bake for a further 8-12 minutes. You want the fluffy tops to be agency and the middle cooked by way of and fluffy.
- Fully cool cupcakes before frosting them.
- Frosting: Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and coconut cream (the white onerous part of the chilled milk) to a tall medium mixing bowl. Using a mixer, mix from low to medium until nice and fluffy. Do not overblend or the frosting will begin to lose its fluffiness. Transfer frosting to a bowl and place in the fridge to relax for about twenty minutes, whereas the cupcakes cool as properly.
- Coloring your frosting? Before putting the frosting in the fridge, separate the frosting into smaller containers – nevertheless many various colours you may be utilizing. Then whisk in the coloring materials very properly to create the tints. (See submit for particulars). Place in fridge.
- Final step: Frost the cupcakes. Optional: Roll edges in shredded coconut. Serve! Happy Easter, spring or rainbow season.
Yield: 10 cupcakes
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 22 minutes.
Total time: 37 mins.
pin it for later..