These Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies are chewy and dense and rich and wonderful. Nutty pecans and vegan chocolate chips in every hearty chew.
Hop in the kitchen and have a baking second. Because, in case you are like me, baking cookies just feels good! But watch out for these cookie-baking lurkers…
Someone is all the time hanging around when you’re baking cookies, sure?
(Even cats who undoubtedly don’t eat cookies…)
Well, these are value hanging round for!
Whole Wheat Cookies. I know the phrase “wheat” can feel like a nasty phrase these days. And I completely understand that some individuals keep away from gluten-containing meals for health reasons, however for those of us nonetheless consuming wheat, entire wheat is in truth an excellent choice for baking. It boosts the fiber content of your baked items and provides a nice hearty texture too. You are getting about 12 more grams of fiber per cup of flour whenever you use entire wheat versus all-purpose flour. 4g vs 16g. (Comparing Bob’s Red Mill varieties.)
I also find that once I use entire wheat flours, my baked goods (that are all the time vegan/egg-free) have a bit extra oomph when it comes to texture and body. And I really like that.
Some individuals assume ‘entire wheat’ baked goods should be grainy or dry. Well these cookies are undoubtedly not grainy or dry! They are fluffy, chewy and scrumptious.
My favorite lurker! Always hanging round to observe me prepare dinner + photoshoot recipes. All whereas Sochi sleeps in fact.
These chewy, buttery, crazy-delicious vegan cookies are made with entire wheat flour for additional fiber and texture.
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (1 stick)
- 2/3 cup raw turbino sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp entire wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup raw nuts (pecans, walnuts..)
- half – 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- a number of pinches of coarse sea salt – for tops of cookies
- optionally available: 1/four tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the flax seed and warm water. Let sit for 3-5 minutes, till it thickens.
- Add the vegan butter, sugar, vinegar, vanilla and flax ‘egg’ to a large mixing bowl. Cream every little thing together using a hand or stand mixer.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder and non-compulsory cinnamon to the blending bowl. Beat until creamy and fluffy.
- Fold within the nuts and chips.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at the least 15 minutes. (This step is non-compulsory.) I find that chilled cookie dough does not unfold or flatten fairly as much, which is what some individuals like.
- Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet. Top cookies with a pinch of coarsely floor sea salt. Bake at 350 degrees for 11-14 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling rack. Add a pinch extra sea salt, if desired. Serve heat!
Yield: 15 cookies
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 minutes.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 11 minutes.
Total time: 26 mins.
Tags: cookies,dessert,chocolate,chocolate chips,vegan,baking,straightforward,nuts,entire wheat,
Still not satisfied to bake some cookies? Well does it make you are feeling good to bake things? That is purpose enough for me! Let me explain..
Wellness: Cookies. Did you recognize that doing belongings you love is definitely GOOD for you? Yup. Even if the thing you’re doing is not rich in conventional wellness-style virtues. Like consuming kale or doing yoga. I do know this from my very own research, btw. Life lesson: Doing things that I feel HAPPY doing, is good for me.
So….. Like napping and being lazy is usually good for me.
Staying out too late every so often, good for me!
Embracing my introvert aspect, even when research say socializing is sweet for us… Good for ME.
Pushing myself too arduous in a workout, typically feels darn good.
Not exercising for an excellent week. Also nice typically.
Eating french fries, huge bowls of decadent vegan ice cream and other non-virtuous meals occasionally. Good for me!
So anyhow. Cookie-baking. Totally embrace it and feel the wellness vibes move. But PRO-Tip: Just don’t eat too many cookies. I do not find out about you, however that basically does not ever feel good on me. And apart from that, I feel that sharing cookies with individuals you’re keen on will get you a bonus feel-good gold star. Pass around that cookie platter and it doesn’t matter what life is throwing at you, I hope you’ve a cheerful week guys! xoxo
Pin it for later:
…such a lurker! 😉