I really like this fast and straightforward Smoky Tempeh + Avocado Wrap this time of yr. For picnics, weekend lunches, packing on a road-trip or toting to your sunny outside patio, this can be a strong wrap!
Smoky maple tempeh meets thick slices of avocado and leafy greens. Creamy, spicy secret sauce is in there too. All wrapped in an enormous tortilla or lavash wrap. Flavor, flavor, flavor..!
Get my recipe and catch up a bit!…
Tempeh is considered one of my go-to vegan proteins. It is so versatile in recipes, since you possibly can cube it, ‘log’ it or slice it into skinny, dainty triangles. I really like adding the ‘logs’ to wraps like this. A quick sauté in some flavorful elements and some caramelized edges are prepared for tasting.
This week just flew by for me. We have been planning a summer time journey that I am actually enthusiastic about. I can’t wait to get away for a bit. I all the time re-discover myself each time I journey. Even tiny journeys close to residence. Something about taking myself out of my everyday routine really perks up my brain. This is probably very true for work-from-home individuals.
– 15 things I really like for travel
– Kathy’s travel stories
My wanderlusting daydreams..
If you comply with me on Instagram + InstaStories you’ll know that I’ve a brand new venture manager in my crew. A fuzzy, cute one. MrWhite, my black kitty cat, continues to be obsessed with my huge iMac pc display. He watches it as I work. I feel he is significantly making an attempt to teach himself pc expertise in order that he can in the future take over the world. Meanwhile, Sochi sleeps in the corner all day long. Very totally different personalities!
Sorry I have never posted much this week, but I used to be dealing with some annoying wrist pain. Like you realize, the type whenever you actually use your telephone and sort and raise heavy pots and pans all day and heavy cameras with heavy tripods and in addition play tennis and use hand-weights – just a bit an excessive amount of every single day. I am nonetheless unsure whether it is overuse or if I just have delicate wrists! Doing some PT in the subsequent few weeks though. And thank goodness, the ache is best at present than it was last week. Hopefully it simply magically goes away for good. Seriously, don’t take your health without any consideration guys! Everything out of your legs, lungs, wrists, fingers, toes, eyes and ears. Be grateful when they’re in good health! You simply by no means know when your body will hit a snag.
So anyhow, hope you’re keen on this recipe! These pics have been shot for my secret aspect challenge I am still engaged on, however since I couldn’t get within the kitchen much this week, right here it’s for you to make now! Enjoy! 🙂
Recipe Tips + Quips:
– Use as many greens as you crave! The more, the more filling and more healthy the wrap!
– Tempeh is superior because it’s rich in plant-based protein!
– The secret sauce is soooo good. you possibly can truly apply it to tacos, salad bowls and dressing and extra.
– Add more goodies if you’d like! shredded carrots, tomatoes, onions…
– No tempeh? You might additionally use entire beans like chickpeas. Or attempt tofu.
– No tortilla? You might make the filling into an enormous salad bowl. Or you should use corn tortillas, pitas, rolls or even sandwich bread!
– More oil = richer tempeh. You can all the time add extra oil to your pan if you’d like more indulgent, wealthy tempeh with crispier ‘pan-fried’ edges.
– You might additionally sub primary tempeh bacon (DIY-ed or store-bought) for the logs.
– You would not have to make use of alllll the key sauce, because the recipe makes an enormous serving, however in case you are like me, you simply may need to!
– I really like serving this wrap wit baby carrots!
You can take a look at my first ‘smoky tempeh wrap’ recipe, right here on the blog.
This flavorful smoky tempeh wrap has easy elements and daring flavors. Tempeh, avocado, greens and a creamy-spicy secret sauce!
- Tempeh logs:
- 4oz tempeh, sliced into ‘logs’
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke or 1/8 tsp smoky paprika
- salt + pepper to style
- 1-2 tsp additional virgin olive oil for pan
- Secret Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp sriracha or scorching sauce
- 2 huge handfuls of greens
- half avocado, sliced
- 1 giant sandwich wrap or tortilla
- Tempeh: Warm a skillet over high warmth and add the olive oil. When oil is scorching, add the tempeh logs. Cook for 2 minutes, to brown a bit. Then scale back warmth to low and add the tamari and maple syrup. Toss so all aspect of the tempeh begin to brown. Add the liquid smoke or smoky paprika over prime the tempeh. Saute for an additional 1-Three minutes, just till the sides are caramelized. Turn off warmth and add a pinch of salt and pepper over prime.
- Whisk together the key sauce and warm the tortilla/wrap.
- Smash the avocado into the tortilla. Add 1 – 2 Tbsp of the secret sauce over prime. Add the tempeh and greens. Roll up.
Slice and serve!
Yield: 1 wrap
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 minutes.
Total time: 15 mins.
pin it for later!