If you’re on the lookout for a fast, flavorful and fun meal or snack, attempt these Mushroom Avocado Quesadillas. Pair them with a bit of salsa or scorching sauce, perhaps a aspect salad or veggie of selection. They are tremendous fast to whip up and embrace healthy entire foods like avocado and savory mushrooms..
Vegan Quesadillas. Melty cheddar cheese meets savory mushrooms and buttery avocado. You can use any tortilla you want too! You may even mess around with totally different vegan cheeses. Try pepper jack or even change things up by subbing in hummus for cheese.
Which cheese? I used the So Delicious brand of cheddar cheese shreds for this recipe. But there are so many vegan cheese options out there lately. Daiya’s pepper jack shreds would also work nicely. Or the spicy tomato CHAO cheese slices. Browse a couple of faves here.
If you need the bubbly blackened look to your tortillas, you possibly can place the tortillas on a fuel stovetop for a couple of seconds before putting them within the scorching skillet for filling – – do this with excessive warning though. I really like the texture the open flame creates, however you may also achieve this proper in a scorching skillet once you use sufficient oil or vegan butter. Or in case you are grilling outside, that works too!
The buttery avocado adds a punch of richness and wholesome fats. Plus it pairs so nicely with the flavorful cheese and skillet shrooms.
These straightforward and flavorful quesadillas are a scrumptious vegan meal or snack. Avocado, mushrooms and melty cheese.
- 2-4 medium tortillas
- 6-8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- handful of chopped spinach, non-compulsory
- 1 Tbsp additional virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to style
- vegan cheese shreds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Additional, for pan: EVOO or vegan butter
- Warm a big skillet over excessive warmth. Add the olive oil, onion and mushrooms. Saute for 2-5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and tender. Add a handful of chopped spinach, fold in to wilt. Add salt and pepper to style.
- Transfer mushroom combination to a aspect dish. Add another drizzle of oil or vegan butter to the pan. Add the tortilla, vegan cheese, sliced avocado, extra non-compulsory spinach and a few of the skillet mushroom mixture. Add another tortilla over prime. Cook for 2 minutes on all sides. Allow enough time and heat for the cheese to soften. Applying a little bit of strain by way of a heavy lid will help melt cheese.
- Slice and serve.
Yield: 2 quesadillas
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 minutes.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 20 minutes.
Pin it for later!