Hummus is one of my favourite snacks. It’s satisfying, delicious and simple to make at home. I’ll make a batch a few times per month, throwing in an unexpected ingredient like beets, roasted peppers or sweet potato in the mix. Today’s version came about by accident, on a day when I hit the bottom of the barrel of my tahini jar, an ingredient that is traditional to hummus and that lends its traditional savoury, sesame flavour. I decided to substitute with what I had on hand, some Greek yogurt, in an attempt to create a higher-protein version. The result? A creamy hummus that blends beautifully and is just as satisfying.
Greek yogurt hummus
- 1 (19oz) can chickpeas
- 1/3 cup plain 2% m.f. Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the ingredients in a power blender and blend until combined. Serve with sliced cucumber, vegetables or pita.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Motive Nutrition https://motivenutrition.com/