I have been on a grilled cheese sandwich kick recently. And in the present day’s sandwich creation is a new fave: Gouda Marmalade Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Get the recipe and start your personal vegan grilled cheese obsession..
Grilled Cheese. Today’s recipe is a winter season dream. Toasty, buttery, sourdough bread cradles melty Gouda cheese, chopped walnuts, a touch of greens and black pepper and an accent of sticky-sweet marmalade jam. Super easy components with flavors that basically pop.
Vegan Grilled Cheese of the Month. This is December’s creation. I can not wait to see what I dream up for you next month and past. #VGCOTM
– Swap out the marmelade for any jam you want. You might even do maple syrup.
– Swap Gouda for an additional taste – I like several vegan white cheese – provolone, mozzarella, Parm – even DIY cashew…
– Swap out the walnuts for any chopped nut or seed. Spicy pumpkin seeds can be nice. Or chopped pecans.
– Add garlic! Add minced garlic to your sandwich, or slather on some gentle roasted garlic.
– Sage. Toasted sage leaves may be a nice accent.
– Black olives. Olives would add one other punch of saltiness.
– Kale. Wilted chopped kale can be really yummy in this sandwich. Spinach or chard might work too. Any wintery greens to add extra flavor, fiber and vitamins.
– Hot Sauce. A splash of your fave scorching sauce will add a spicy kick! A pinch of cayenne might also work.
– Add tempeh bacon or garlic hummus for a increase of legumes.
– Avocado. Avocado is all the time a good idea…
What Vegan Cheese Melt Well? Honestly, there are SO MANY today that I barely have to reply that question. I used Follow Your Heart for this sandwich, however other faves embrace: Daiya, Chao, Parmela and So Delicious. Browse my Vegan Cheese Guide for extra ideas.
Other fave grilled cheese sandwiches? Here are a number of..
– I really like my spinach-stuffed grilled cheese.
– Classic melty grilled cheese, inspired by the film Chef.
– Tomato-basil grilled cheese.
– Apple-stuffed Grilled Cheese on Cinnamon-Raisin Bread.
– Also my grilled cheese sandwich bites as tomato soup toppers…!
Holiday Shopping: DONE. Looking for an superior plant-based mostly + no-wrapping paper required present for friends and family? Give them a present that may keep on giving. The Finding Vegan Meals Program. This program is full of enjoyable and galvanizing instruments, tips and assets for beginning or reinvigorating a plant-packed food plan.
..To purchase the program as a present, simply click the little present icon and put your giftee’s e mail tackle into the order type when putting your order. If you have got any questions, let me know. Get all the small print about this system at FVmeals.com.
…aaaaaaand now I have Lady Marmalade caught in my head. The Xtina + P!ink version. Sing + grill some cheese!..
Sticky sweet marmalade pairs with vegan Gouda cheese and chopped walnuts on sourdough bread.
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2-4 slices vegan Gouda cheese
- 1 Tbsp orange marmalade jam
- 2 Tbsp uncooked walnuts, chopped
- small handful of combined greens
- pinch of recent black pepper
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- splash of additional virgin olive oil for the pan
- Warm a skillet over high warmth. Add a splash of olive oil – coating the pan nicely.
- Spread the vegan butter on each side of the bread. You can use a bit extra for a very buttery-crusted sandwich.
- Place one slice of the bread within the heat pan, rub it into the recent oil a bit and flip it. Then pile the cheese slices on one aspect.
- On the opposite slice of bread, unfold the marmalade.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over prime the cheese slices – within the pan – after which add the greens and black pepper over prime. Then prime that with the marmalade-slathered slice.
- Using a spatula or heavy pot prime, press down on the sandwich. Turn the heat to low and canopy the pan with a lid – or the heavy pot lid. Allow to toast and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the sandwich and repeat with urgent down the bread or masking the pan with a lid. The flipped bread aspect ought to be flippantly browned by now with darker, toasty edges. Give the sandwich one other 2-3 minutes to allow the cheese to soften.
- When the cheese seems to be melted and both aspect toasty, remove from the skillet. Slice and serve.
Yield: 1 sandwich
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 08 minutes.
Total time: 13 mins.
Tags: grilled cheese,vegan,lunch,dinner,straightforward,cheese,snack,winter,december,gouda,aspect,
Pin it for later: