These West African Peanut Chickpeas over sticky white rice make for a soothing and satisfying plant-based mostly meal.
The chickpeas are coated in smoky peanut sauce with hints of tomato, ginger, garlic and lime with an echo of a standard West African Peanut Stew. Only in a hearty bowl format. This quick and flavorful meal could be yours in underneath a half hour..
Some different bean bowls recipes to check out:
– Coconut Curry Chickpea Rice Bowl
– Easy Peanut Curry Chickpeas
– Macro Bowl
– Speedy Fiesta Bean Bowl
– Eureka Salad Bowl
– Seven-Layer Fiesta Bean Bowl
– Edamame Curry Rice
– Quinoa Black Bean Fiesta Salad
– Lemon Pepper Kidney Bean Salad
Tips for This West African Peanut Chickpea Recipe:
– Peanuts burn quite shortly, so you need to make sure that your pan is on a really low setting or off, but still warm if you fold within the sauce.
– Salt is important, however you’ll be able to add it to style. I started with 1/8 tsp and that was sufficient for me, however add to taste.
– The combo of tomato and peanut might feel actually odd at first, however trust me. That is what makes African Peanut Stew so yummy and distinctive, so go together with it..
– Ginger + Garlic. You can completely add more ginger and garlic if desired.
– Spices may also be added to taste. I started with a number of pinches of smoky paprika and a pinch of cayenne.
– Leftover sauce. You may need some leftover sauce. This could be prevented through the use of one other can of chickpeas or tossing the rice right into the sauce and saturate every thing for max flavor.
– Lime. Lime juice because the acid adds a gorgeous undertone. If you would not have recent limes, apple cider vinegar and even lemon juice might be subbed.
– Grain. You can use white, brown sticky, jasmine.. any number of rice. Quinoa can be great too.
– Sweet Potato Addition. I might love some roasted candy potato on the aspect of this for even more flavor and fiber, nutrition and satisfaction.
– Spinach. Next time I will add much more spinach. This sauce is SO good on the wilted spinach. You might straightforward just pour it over spinach and have a yummy aspect dish.
Finding Vegan Meals. Thank you so much to everyone who has already joined the FVM group on Facebook and has access to the meal plans, printables and 150+ recipes. If you’re in search of nearer steerage with starting or enhancing your vegan way of life, FVmeals is value testing. Finding Vegan Meals.
Check out a couple of of the FVmeals critiques right here.
FVMeals on Instagram.
These warming, flavorful, tender chickpeas are coated in spiced, peanut flavor – a touch of tomato, ginger and lime. Serve alongside sticky rice for a quick and flavorful meal.
- 14ouncescan of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp additional virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, smooth and oily
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp recent ginger, grated
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp recent lime juice
- a number of pinches of smoky paprika
- pinch of cayenne
- salt and black pepper to style
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- chopped peanuts
- fluffy rice or quinoa to serve
- Prepare your rice. You can use any variety. Quinoa works too. You can even use pre-cooked rice in frozen luggage for super fast meal prep. prepare dinner and set aside to stay heat.
- Add to blender or food processor: peanut butter, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, maple, water, lime and a starting quantity of the paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Blend from low to high and back to low once more for a few minutes – until nice and clean. Do a small taste check and modify the warmth and salt to your tastes. Note: the flavor WILL condense and evolve after you prepare dinner the sauce.. Set blender aside.
- Warm a large skillet over excessive warmth. Add one Tbsp olive oil. Then add the drained and rinsed chickpeas. Toss within the oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes, to frivolously toast the sides and take away any extra moisture.
- Turn the skillet warmth to low (or off if your skillet is admittedly scorching.) Then slowly pour the peanut sauce over the chickpeas. NOTE: I only used about 3/4 of my sauce. You can use it all or sauce any extra for an additional meal. Toss the chickpeas in the sauce. Don’t worry if a number of the sauce clumps a bit, it does not wreck the flavor – you just are not looking for too many clumps. Clumps imply that your skillet continues to be too scorching. You simply need a silky, thickened sauce draping your chickpeas.
- Fold the spinach into the chickpeas.
- To serve: Add the rice and chickpeas to a bowl. Top with chopped peanuts, lime wedge garnish is optionally available. Optional scorching sauce or sriracha on prime is good if you’d like more heat.
Yield: 3 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 07 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 minutes.
Total time: 22 mins.
Tags: rice, chickpeas, west african, peanut sauce,lunch,vegan,dinner,entree,peanut chickpeas,vegetarian,recipe,food,
Pin for later: