This Vegan Buddha Bowl has smoky maple flavors and so much love from rim to rim. The dressing is a cashew-maple-lemon with a hint of garlic. Grab a couple of plant-based mostly elements and have this delicious meal on your desk in beneath thirty minutes! Plus, find out the ingredient I totally forgot…
Happy April everybody. I do not find out about you, but this month has been kinda loopy to date. I won’t bore you with all the small print, however I’ll say that I hope you feel good and excited about shifting into spring and summer time. Seasons full of rebirth, warmth, sunshine, shade and hopefully, happiness.
So, what precisely is a Buddha Bowl? Well, I asked Alexa, as one does nowadays and she or he had this to say:
“A Buddha Bowl is a vegetarian meal served in a single bowl or high-rimmed plate, which consists of little dishes, served cold.” – Alexa, aka Amazon.
For me, a Buddha Bowl is a set of colorful, whole-food, plant-based mostly elements piled into a bowl and served with a flavorful creamy dressing. The dressings I often see are nut or seed based mostly. Cashew or tahini, and so on. Buddha Bowls are good for whipping up with a misfit assortment of leftover veggies – like roasted potatoes, greens and such. As properly as leftover grains like rice or quinoa. I like so as to add some type of protein facet like legumes or one thing like tofu, tempeh or seitan.
Skillet tofu with maple-spice flavors.
Tender sweet potatoes.
Today’s Buddha Bowl with smoky Maple Flavors:
– Smoky Paprika + Maple Tofu Cubes
– smoky Paprika + Maple Sweet Potato Cubes
– Brown Rice
– wilted Kale, tossed within the Cashew Dressing
– Diced Cucumber
– Mandarin Orange
– Candied Cashews
– Maple-Lemon-Cashew Dressing
And how might I do that, however I forgot so as to add the avocado! It was there, sitting on my counter all completely ripe and wonderful, ready to be reduce and diced, however nope, I failed. Forgot the avocado. Ah-well. This bowl was delicious without it, but when you’ve got avocado available, it’s all the time a stunning add to a Buddha Bowl.
This creamy cashew dressing on prime..
Quickie Version! You might completely use a store-bought dressing instead of the do-it-yourself one if wanted. The selfmade dressing undoubtedly adds a special flavor and texture, but for ease, retailer-bought is ok! You might attempt a vegan ranch, vegan Caesar, peanut sauce or actually any dressing you want.
A number of ingredient tips:
Sweet Potatoes: You might roast your sweet potatoes within the over, however to hurry issues up I’ll peel the potato, cube and then bowl till tender. Then I finish them in an oiled skillet for max flavor.
Kale: You might just rinse and chop or shred your kale leaves – or you’ll be able to wilt it like I do. Once my fluffy kale leaves are rinsed and dried, I add them to the recent oiled skillet for a number of seconds. I press down and toss whereas they’re in the skillet so that the leaves darken a bit and very flippantly wilt. I discover that the flavour is extra appealing and the leaves extra tender once you do this.
Cashew Dressing: I soaked my cashews for a couple of hours, however this is totally optionally available. Just observe that if you do not soak your cashews, your dressing could also be slightly clumpy. Especially in case you are not utilizing a excessive velocity blender, which I extremely advocate.
If you might have been following my blog for a when you might already know that certainly one of my very favourite taste pairings is smoky paprika and maple syrup. I really like this taste duo on principally each ingredient in this bowl. Especially for the potatoes and tofu.
Substitutions. You might very easily swap out any ingredient on this bowl for one thing comparable. So like for the kale, you can use spinach or chard. For the tofu, you would use tempeh or beans. For the cucumber, you can use another veggie you might have available. Pepper, mushrooms, sliced onion, corn, broccoli or principally anything would work. I feel that is the great thing about a Buddha Bowl, you’re free to customize as desired, based mostly in your tastes and what components you’ve available.
The dressing is creamy and lemony with candy and savory, complicated flavors.
A touch of sweet and citrus from Sumo Mandarins.
Basic Buddha Bowl Components:
– leafy greens
– crunchy or raw veggie
– hint of fruit
– protein-rich ingredient
– any further veggie you could have available
– creamy dressing
Spring Green-ing Giveaway + Challenge!! Don’t overlook to hitch the Finding Vegan Meals spring inexperienced-ing challenge! You can download your FREE problem card and ten free recipes and get particulars on tips on how to enter the giveaway. Details on FVmeals.com
These flavorful, plant-crammed Buddha Bowls are straightforward to make for a healthy meal. Smoky-maple flavors all through and a creamy cashew dressing. Vegan.
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 4oz firm tofu, reduce into cubes
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- a number of items of orange or mandarin
- 1 bunch of kale, leaves shredded
- Cashew Dressing:
- 1 1/2 – 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaking recomended but optionally available
- 1 juicy lemon or 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp spicy, Dijon or brown mustard
- 3 Tbsp additional virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- water as desired to skinny
- additional virgin olive oil, for pan
- smoky paprika, to taste
- maple syrup to taste
- optionally available: uncooked cashews to sweet within the skillet
- First, soak your cashews for a couple of hours. This step is elective, but might assist your dressing blend to be more creamy. TIP: For simpler mixing, you might also need to simply double the dressing recipe and have some leftover for later.
- Boil the diced candy potato till tender. Do not overcook. you don’t want them mushy, simply barely tender sufficient to pierce with a fork. They can be able to eat, but not overly completed. Strain and set aside.
- Prep your kale by pulling the leaves from the stems, discarding the stems and rinsing the leaves nicely. Shred or chop the leaves. Warm your skillet over excessive warmth and add a tiny splash of olive oil. Add the kale to the pan and press the kale into the heat and oil for about thirty seconds. Then flip off the warmth and switch the kale to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Warm the skillet once more, over high warmth. Add a drizzle of EVOO. Dry your tofu cubes as well as you’ll be able to and add them to the skillet. prepare dinner for two minutes them flip and prepare dinner for an additional jiffy. When the tofu cubes are browned, add a sprinkle of smoky paprika, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of maple syrup. You can all three of this stuff to style. Turn the heat OFF and let the tofu sizzle within the scorching pan, absorbing all of the maple and spice.
- Push the tofu to at least one aspect of the skillet, add another drizzle of olive oil and add the boiled potatoes. Add a sprinkle of smoky paprika and a pinch of salt. Cook the potatoes over excessive warmth for 2 minutes, toss and prepare dinner for an additional minute or so, simply until you start to see some colour on the edges. The maple syrup and spice should help with that. Turn off warmth when achieved and allow these elements to rest. Optional: If including cashews, add them to the skillet a couple of minutes before turning the warmth off – they’ll candy and toast with the maple syrup in the pan. Add extra if needed.
- Dressing: Place all of the components in a excessive velocity blender and mix until clean and creamy. Add a couple of splashes of water to skinny issues out to your desired consistency.
- Add a spoonful of the dressing to the kale mixing bowl and toss properly. (You can all the time add extra dressing over prime to serve, so no have to overdo it.)
- Dice your cucumber and prep some other ingredient you need to add. (Like avocado!)
- Build Your Bowl: Add the rice and kale aspect by aspect. Then on prime add: tofu, candy potatoes, cucumber, citrus, optionally available cashews and anything you may need to add to your bowl. Drizzle some dressing over prime and serve!
Yield: 2 bowls
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 minutes.
Total time: 30 minutes.
Tags: buddha bowl,vegan,recipe,food,dinner,sweet potatoes,tofu,vegetarian,cashews, dressing,
Pin it for later: