This Sunny Day Tofu Sandwich is full of veggies like avocado, arugula and tomato. Pickles and a secret sauce make things additional flavorful. This tofu-stuffed vegan sandwich is protein packed and excellent on a sunny day! Serve on fluffy ciabatta or your favorite sandwich bread. I really like this as a lunchtime sandwich…
Maple Tofu. Maple tofu is tremendous straightforward to make and has a stunning delicate taste to it. You simply saute thick planks of tofu, add salt and pepper and a drizzle of maple syrup. The syrup helps to sear the tofu within the pan too, adding pretty rich shade on the sides. For a spicy twist, sprinkle smoky paprika over prime.
Veggies. You load up your sunny day sandwich with no matter veggies you’ve available. A leafy inexperienced, vine-ripened tomatoes, perhaps some thinly sliced onion or bell pepper. And in fact, some buttery, healthy fat avocado to make every part taste higher.
Secret Sauce. I really like this sauce as a result of it is tremendous straightforward and filled with candy and creamy, frivolously spicy and smoky flavor. I exploit Cholula’s scorching sauce and Follow Your Heart Vegenaise.
This sandwich reminds me of summer time! And so do all these locations!
This protein-packed sandwich is full of veggies and a straightforward secret sauce.
- 4oz firm tofu, sliced into planks
- 2 tsp additional virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to style
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ciabatta roll (or selection bread)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- tomato, to taste
- sliced pickles, to taste
- leafy greens, arugula used
- Secret Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 Tbsp scorching sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Warm a skillet over high heat. Add the oil and tofu. Cook for 2-4 minutes on all sides. Sprinkle salt to taste. Add the maple syrup and scale back warmth to low. Flip. Cook till the sides brown. Add pepper to complete. Add extra salt if needed.
- Toast roll. Slice.
- Whisk collectively the secret sauce components.
- Smash the avocado onto the within of the roll. Add the leafy greens, tofu, pickles, tomato and eventually drizzle the key sauce everywhere in the inside the top half of the roll.
- Close the sandwich. Slice and serve! Enjoy!
Yield: 1 sandwich
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 minutes.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 15 minutes.
Pin it for later: