Hearty entree salad for you at this time! This Potato + Tempeh Bacon + Mushroom Salad with Sweet Mustard Dressing has all my faves. I used butter lettuce, though and leafy greens will work. And an avocado fan on prime is all the time a welcome addition to any salad. Grab this recipe…
Potatoes + Mushrooms from the skillet. I stored these fairly simple with salt + pepper to season. EVOO and a few diced shallot too.
My typical tempeh bacon was made utilizing mini tempeh cubes and my ordinary tamari + maple marinade with a heavy handed dose of smoky paprika for smoke and shade.
This Salad. Sticky-sweet, smoky tempeh bacon bits mingle with skillet potatoes and savory mushrooms. A tangy-sweet (3-ingredient!) no-honey mustard dressing coats the whole lot. A buttery avocado adds much more depth and taste. Black pepper accents and a nice warm meets cool salad mood. This is the right massive salad entree or entree salad dinner meal.
How to make your tempeh bacon additional smoky? Add smoky paprika and even a touch of cayenne, chipotle or liquid smoke. Cumin or easy black pepper can even convey warmth. But the 2 must-have’s for my tempeh bacon: maple syrup and tamari. I add spice to style. My go-to is often smoked paprika.
Potatoes in salad. I really like this! I feel I received obsessed with doing this once I tried a vegan Salad Nicoise Salad a couple of months in the past. And my potatoes in salad kick started. I like to buy the mini potatoes and quarter them. Purple or blue potatoes are fun too.
Mushrooms. Mushrooms are all the time a hearty addition to a salad. They add some texture and loads of savory texture. My favourite mushrooms are shiitakes, however these baby bella shrooms labored nice too! Pump up the flavor in your mushrooms by sauteeing them in garlic or shallots or onion. A splash of wine is a flowery approach of creating them superb.
Avo on prime…
Meal Kit Fun. This recipe was truly inspired by a Sun Basket meal that I made earlier within the week. We have been experimenting with meal kits recently for fun. I can not wait to share my outcomes + evaluations with you guys! So that they had this nice tempeh + potato salad with a spicy mustard dressing. They added some tomatoes and different goodies. It was good! But I undoubtedly needed to place my very own spin on issues by including mushrooms, avocado and utilizing my very own dressing and bacon recipe. The cool thing about meal kits is that for those who LOVE to prepare dinner, you possibly can all the time put your personal spin on the given recipes. I am going to speak more about all that in my upcoming evaluate although… (I am curious if in case you have a favourite meal package company I ought to attempt for my evaluation?? So far I have Amazon Kits, Veestro and Sun Basket.)
Other elements that you would attempt on this salad:
– mandarin oranges
– inexperienced beans
– summer time corn
– white beans or chickpeas instead of tempeh
– tofu instead of tempeh
– diced cucumber
– chopped celery
Hearty salads are good for summer time meals..
This hearty salad consists of mushrooms, potatoes, tempeh bacon bits, avocado and butter lettuce. Everything is tossed in a tangy candy mustard dressing. Vegan and dinner accredited!
- 6 cups butter lettuce, chopped (or another leafy green)
- 1/2 avocado, diced or sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 batch of tempeh bacon – mini dice diced
- 1 batch of no-honey mustard dressing
- 1 1/2 cups mini potatoes, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- additional virgin olive oil for the pan
- Whip up your mustard dressing. Set apart.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes. Boil until tender, but not mushy. Drain and put aside.
- Warm a large skillet over excessive warmth. Add a generous drizzle of EVOO.
- Add the shallot to the pan. Cook one minute then add the mushrooms. Cook till tender. Add within the potatoes. Cook potatoes simply so the sides brown. Two to 5 minutes ought to do it. You can all the time add more EVOO if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- When your mushrooms are tender and frivolously browned on the sides – and potatoes browned and calmly crispy, remove them from the pan. Set apart.
- Add extra oil to the pan to make your tempeh bacon.
- Lightly toss the butter lettuce with the mustard dressing. Add the potatoes, mushrooms, bacon and avocado over prime. Serve as is or toss to serve. Add extra dressing as desired.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 minutes.
Total time: 30 minutes.
Pin it for Later…