This vegan White Cheddar Mac and Cheese with Broccoli and Peas has every part you want for a hearty, healthy, delicious dinner – served in a single massive bowl. Creamy, fluffy mac + cheese is the everyone-will-love-this base. Warm veggies add greens, texture and additional goodness. Everything is coated in a simple, blended, cashew-based cheese sauce. (You can soak the cashews or not, I’ve had success each methods.) Add a number of slivers of avocado on the aspect, for more buttery, green goodness.
This is this week’s one bowl marvel comfort food dinner…
This is a white cheddar spin on this recipe. I added extra cashews and subbed white potatoes and much less potato, more cashew too. Plus, the white miso pasta adds an additional umami kick.
Fave vegan Parm: Follow Your Heart shreds. They have an awesome salty flavor and mild texture.
Optional: Bake it! Transfer the tossed pasta into a casserole dish, cover with foil and bake at 400 for ten to fifteen minutes. This bakes in all of the flavors. And the feel thickens up. Similar to this baked m+c recipe.
Love these bowls? Read about them right here.
I used to be craving mac and cheese. But I used to be additionally out of turmeric. And my potato wasn’t a sweet potato, but as an alternative, a white potato. So I knew how issues would end up, visually. White and creamy. So white cheddar sauce it was. Then all you do with the sauce is toss it with heat macaroni and steamed veggies and dinner is completed.
Fun Fact. Broccoli is a superb supply of plant-based protein with 17g protein per bunch. And peas are one other protein-rich ingredient. One cup of peas has round 8g of protein. So the veggies add the increase of protein – and fiber – and antioxidants – on this meal. Oh, and that sauce is cashew-based (extra great things) and consists of dietary yeast too.
But really guys, this bowl is just so darn scrumptious! You will totally overlook how healthy it is. Enjoy!
This white cheddar vegan mac and cheese is accented with broccoli and peas. Dairy free, cashew-based sauce.
- 8 cups prepare dinner macaroni pasta
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup (or extra) green peas, frozen
- 3/4 cup soy milk, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked cashews (soaking is most popular, but optionally available)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 medium white potato, boiled and chopped
- 1/2 – 1 cup ‘pasta water’
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder and/or 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- salt to taste – at the very least 1/8 tsp
- black pepper to style
- Vegan Parmesan — add this to the pasta to serve and you can even add a couple of pinches into the blender for the sauce
- Cook pasta. About three minutes earlier than the pasta is cooked, add the broccoli and peas. This will prepare dinner the veggies in the identical pasta pot – speedy! Drain the water from the pasta and veggies – reserving a few cup for the sauce. (You can even boil the pasta while you’re making the sauce.)
- Add all the sauce elements to a blender and blend on high for about 3-4 minutes to heat and puree. You will need to add the liquids as wanted to mix.
- Pour a cup of the sauce over the pasta and veggies to start. Add extra to taste. Optional step: Pour the tossed pasta right into a casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake at 400 levels for ten to fifteen minutes to lock in the flavor and thicken the texture.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: pasta,mac and cheese,vegan,straightforward,dinner,cheese,broccoli,peas,entree
Happy eating!! ~ Okay
Pin it for later..