Crave a veggie burger. Ok, so the ‘pretend meat’ burgers are all the craze, and I’m tremendous glad about that. But I’ve to admit, I’m pretty old skool in relation to my veggie burgers. And this one is my fave. It’s also a fan fave. Sweet potato, white beans and a Panko bread crumb outer layer that is just to reside for!…
All your burger goodies get stacked on a toasted grain bun – crisp romaine leaves sprawling out the edges. Buttery avocado. Dijon or special sauce or vegan mayo. Optional slice of vegan cheese. Pepper. Thinly sliced onion. Maybe even some pickles if you’d like. Stack this burger nevertheless you need or eat these pattie as a yummy aspect or salad topper! (Really, they taste so good just as is.)
Huge bonus: these Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers are tremendous straightforward to make. Satisfy your burger craving in a flash. And while you’re stacking toppings, buzzing glad burger-eating music, sipping lemonade, ginger ale or iced tea or no matter, principally feasting nevertheless you like – you possibly can snigger at anyone who thinks going vegan is just too arduous nowadays…
updated 2019: text /// 2014: how-to video /// unique submit: 2012
This recipe seems in my cookbook Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen – (and on the duvet!)..
So at this time, I awoke. Munched some blueberries. Played with the cat. And labored on this submit as drizzly raindrops poured outdoors my window. Blustery timber swaying all morning and nicely into the evening.
Easy Burger. You merely take a baked candy potato, some tender canned beans (I used cannellini white beans) add in a couple of accents, mash, saute and serve. You also can bake for a healthier preparation. And you may add in different entire food elements too like brown rice, finely chopped apple, hemp seeds – no matter! The candy potato is such a pleasant binder – you possibly can really get artistic in the event you select.
I pan-fry. More of a saute really. I exploit virgin coconut oil or safflower oil.
And I don’t assume I have to remind you ways extremely healthy sweet potatoes and beans are. Filled with great things. Vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein. Dig in.
The Patty. I was still feeling Valentine’s Day-y..
I served the patties with tender sliced avocado, a crisp bed of romaine lettuce, a circle of onion, some Dijon mustard and some pepper and olive oil over prime.
Sweet potato veggie burgers with avocado, family-approved go-to dinner .
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked and peeled
- 16oz. cooked white beans (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp tahini
- 3/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp chipotle powder (or cajun spice) (use extra for spicier burgers)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (add extra for extra chew!)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast OR any flour (attempt oat flour)
- 1/2 – 1 cup finely chopped greens (kale, spinach, parsley)
- toppings: avocado, tomato, vegenaise, burger buns, greens
- skillet: 1 Tbsp oil ( additional virgin olive oil, coconut oil, or different)
- non-compulsory: Panko bread crumbs for crispy coating
- Bake your sweet potato in a 400 degree oven for 40-60 minutes or until tender. If in a rush, you possibly can use the microwave, however oven-baked yields a bit extra taste.
- Add the potato and beans to a big mixing bowl. Using a large fork, mash properly. Fold within the onion and maintain mashing. Add all of the remaining burger elements and mash, mash, mash properly till thickened and mashed properly. Tip! Rinse your beans in scorching water before including to bowl, this heats them, making them easier to mash.
- Warm oven to 400 levels.
- Warm a skillet over high warmth and add the oil.
- Using palms, type the burger combination into giant patties. Place patties within the scorching skillet. Note: If using Panko bread crumbs, before putting burgers in skillet, roll patties in Panko to coat nicely. In skillet: Cook 1-3 minutes on both sides, until flippantly browned. Repeat till all of the burger mixture has been used. Optional: Before forming patties, place mixture in the fridge for a half hour or longer.
- Place the skillet-cooked patties on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, till cooked by means of. Note: YES you possibly can skip the skillet part and just bake the veggie burgers, but the taste is best with those crispy oil-seared edges. If just baking, the baking time shall be round 20 minutes, depending on patty measurement.
- Slice up all your burger toppings and toast the buns. Sprouted grain have been used! Add vegan mayo or spicy mustard and the patty and toppings. Serve warm!
- Store leftover burgers, sealed, in the fridge for as much as a day, or freeze and eat within a number of weeks for greatest flavor and texture. To reheat: heat in a 400 degree oven till warmed by means of, about 12 minutes, depending on burger thickness.
Yield: 6-8 patties
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 minutes.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
- Calories: 176g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Dietaryfiber: 5g
- Totalcarbs: 30g
Tags: veggie burgers,entree,sweet potatoes,dinner,straightforward,avocado,entree
Pin it for later..
Note: sure this patty does fall sort of aside as you eat it. But that is OK because it tastes yummy.
Recipe Tweak Note.. The ABOVE recipe is the one I exploit a minimum of as soon as each few weeks. It is a simple and scrumptious version. BELOW I provide a shot of the older recipe since there have been a couple of comments from individuals about once I modified the recipe. I updated the recipe based mostly on the one I presently make on a routine foundation. As all the time, you possibly can add spices like cajun and nooch to the patty as you need. So in case you’re curious, under is the unique, longer recipe..
My Book! If you liked that recipe, please take a look at my ebook / wellness guide “365 Vegan Smoothies” from Penguin / Avery – particulars here.