Asian Salmon and Pineapple Stir-Fry
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 inch ginger
- 1 garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, diluted in 2 teaspoons of water
- 4 salmon filets
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups pineapple finely diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sliced scallions
- Sesame seeds (optionally available)
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine the water, tamari, mirin, honey, ginger and garlic.
- Bring to a simmer and add the cornstarch mixture and permit to prepare dinner 5 minutes till thickened. Remove from the warmth and pour about ¼ of the sauce into a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels Farenheit. Place the salmon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use the smallest of the reserved sauce to brush over the salmon earlier than baking. Discard the sauce that has touched the raw fish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the fish simply flakes with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, heat the avocado oil and sliced onion. Saute 3 minutes and add the purple cabbage, cooking till wilted. Add the pineapple and take away from the warmth.
- Plate the pineapple and cabbage combination on the plate and layer with the baked salmon. Top with the reserved sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallion. Serve with brown rice.
Motive Nutrition https://motivenutrition.com/