How to Make Honey Nut Dessert Trail Mix
Follow the steps under and you possibly can have your personal mix ready to go in lower than 25 minutes:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 300℉. While the oven is heating up, line your baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- Prepare the nut combination. Add the uncooked walnuts, uncooked cashew nuts, honey, and coconut oil to a big bowl and combine to combine.
- Bake the nut mixture. Spread the nut mixture in a single layer on the ready baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, stirring sometimes, until the nuts are toasted.
- Add the coconut chips. Remove from the oven and stir in the unsweetened coconut chips.
- Bake for a further 7 minutes.
- Let the trail mix cool. Remove the trail mix from the oven and permit to chill utterly.
- Finish it off. Stir within the unsweetened banana chips and unsweetened dried blueberries and cranberries.
- Store. Store the path combine till you’re ready to serve.
4 Reasons Why Trail Mix is Such a Good Healthy Snack
Here are 4 explanation why this honey nut dessert trail combine makes such an excellent paleo snacking selection:
- Great source of protein and coronary heart healthy dietary fats.
- Excellent supply of dietary fiber, which promotes feelings of satiety.
- Provides a great mix of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Rich in disease-fighting antioxidants and different anti-inflammatory compounds.
How Long Does This Dessert Trail Mix Stay Good For?
This honey nut dessert path mix will hold for up to 6 months with proper storage. Without proper storage, trail combine can turn rancid pretty shortly due to the raw nuts. This is why it’s essential to portion out your trail mix before it’s stored correctly to avoid the entire batch going dangerous, if in any respect.
See under for tips on one of the simplest ways to retailer your path combine.
Best Way to Store Trail Mix
The greatest approach to store this honey nut dessert trail combine (and some other path mix recipe) is to maintain it in either a sealed ziplock bag or an airtight container. I like to make use of small plastic containers and even just plastic luggage which might be good for only one serving at a time.
Afterwards, maintain the trail mix in a cool dry place.
Can I Add or Remove Anything in This Trail Mix Recipe? (+Our Top 5 Additions)
The wonderful thing about trail combine recipes like this one is that they’re incredibly straightforward to customize by mixing and matching numerous components. If you need to add any additions to this specific recipe, listed here are a couple of of our prime paleo accepted recommendations:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Dark chocolate chips (paleo chocolate)
- Granulated paleo sweetener
(You can also like: 3-Nut Honey Roasted Nut Mix)