For months I had been agonizing over what to do for Rosalie’s first birthday celebration. I had all the time mentioned I’d have a big social gathering with all my associates and any of her new child associates too, however the actuality was that I simply didn’t really feel comfy throwing a big gathering with all of the COVID information nonetheless floating round. Plus, I didn’t need to plan one thing solely to should cancel it on the final minute.
And the reality is, I kinda simply wished to do one thing small anyway. No strain and fewer planning. The different actuality of life proper now: I’m drained! HA. No, however actually. With Rosalie being a really energetic child, and down to at least one nap, I’m simply pooped most days. Running on loads of adrenalin and blissful vibes, however nonetheless, drained from the within out.
How to Celebrate a First Birthday?
Once I made a decision to not have a birthday celebration, I truly felt a lot extra comfy. Sure I’ve felt a bit envious when searching social media for youths social gathering concepts and seeing these huge, stunning blowouts with balloon arches, flowers galore and the cutest snack carts and decorations. I imply, whoa, youngsters events have gotten a lot extra intense from after I was a child. I bear in mind one yr I obtained a My Little Pony cake in my favourite colours with my identify on it and I assumed that was the TOPS for social gathering amazingness.
So yeah, right here is how we celebrated Rosalie’s birthday, easy, cheerful and beautiful….
First Birthday Party Elements
- the cake
Remember after I mentioned I used to be drained, nicely yeah, I made a decision to skip making a cake and outsource to the professionals! This was a very good concept as a result of not solely was the cake attractive, however I didn’t should stress over baking with an nearly one-yr-previous at my toes within the kitchen.
But the place to discover a vegan, child-pleasant, social gathering cake in Los Angeles??
Enter Sweet E’s Bakeshop! I randomly discovered this firm whereas googling and I’m so glad I did! Her desserts are attractive, tremendous enjoyable and FAST! I ordered mine 100% on-line simply two days earlier than it was hand-delivered to my entrance door. Easy peasy.
I additionally added on some balloons, a cake topper and candles that the store sells. One cease store.
We nearly ordered the Monsters Inc cake since Rosalie loves these characters, however because it served I believe 20 individuals, it was undoubtedly too massive for our celebration. So as a substitute, I selected a Rosette Cake – good for Rosalie! I picked out a peach-coloured frosting and a funfetti cake. All vegan! The cake was SO DELICIOUS. Best funfetti I’ve ever had.
So if you’re planning a youngsters social gathering and (even in the event you like to bake like me), don’t really feel responsible in the event you outsource the cake. You would possibly thank me later.
For this primary birthday celebration, I ordered an enormous, stunning bunch of flowers a couple of days earlier than her birthday. I ordered from an area store referred to as County Line Florals. The bouquet was attractive. So beautiful. I used the flowers for our photoshoot and as ambiance for the social gathering.
My decorations…. um, you would say they have been fairly easy. First birthday celebration authorized. I used one roll of pink crepe paper for the doorway and ceiling. Then I purchased a shiny “Happy Birthday” signal. And lastly, a couple of balloons. Talk about simple! I imply, for a one yr previous, the decorations have been superb.
I additionally sat a bunch of Rosalie’s stuffed animals in her climbing arch so it regarded like they have been “attending” the social gathering too! Happy first birthday celebration, Rosalie! Tah-dah!
Aside from a couple of items from household, for Rosalie’s first birthday celebration, we largely purchased Rosalie some small toys. Here have been a couple of of her favorites…
- Grimm’s wood toys. Pastel Rainbow, Pebbles. Here’s a tip.. This Pastel Rainbow Grimm’s knock-off on Amazon is half the worth..
- TonieBox – Rosalie loves this factor! You play songs and tales by putting chracters on the highest of the field.
- Sound-Playing Books – Rosalie is de facto into pushing buttons proper now. Any e-book or toy the place you’ll be able to push a button to listen to a sound is her jam. So I purchased this Campfire Songs book.
I used my Alexa to play Disney music for the social gathering. And now, Rosalie can use her new TonieBox too, to play DJ.
Big events might have bouncy homes, nicely we had a ball pit. And not simply any ball pit, an natural ball pit. I really like this factor. I did a variety of analysis to search out one with BPA-free balls and an excellent delicate and durable pit. Ball Pit: BaluOrganics.
I purchased a medium velvet pit in white with all opaque white balls.
I didn’t need to spend Rosalie’s birthday stressing over taking photographs and getting “the shot” that might be framed and remembered and so forth. The day earlier than Rosalie’s birthday, we had knowledgeable birthday photoshoot with my gifted pal Caroline White. If you ever get an opportunity to shoot with Caroline – do it! She is critically among the finest photographers and folks I’ve had the pleasure to work with.
I selected a close-by park because the photoshoot location and introduced some picnic props like her stuffed animals, baskets, vegan cupcakes and flowers.
First Birthday Picnic
I put Rosalie in an enormous poofy pink costume and we staying in informal garments. She was not very blissful within the costume so it ended up coming off midway by way of the shoot, ha. It didn’t assist that the climate turned out to be one of many hottest days of the yr.
The photoshoot was a lot enjoyable and I felt a lot much less burdened the day of Rosalie’s birthday as a result of we already obtained all of the photographs out of the way in which. I didn’t even placed on make-up or get myself dressed up, I simply felt very chill and blissful to spend the day celebrating Rosalie – no cameras wanted!
Honestly, in the event you do one factor to have fun your baby, pay for knowledgeable photoshoot. And do it the day earlier than if you’re having a extra informal at-dwelling social gathering the day of.. You will have the ability to benefit from the precise birthday a lot extra.
My birthday picnic photoshoot ideas right here! (plus extra photographs..)
Lifestyle / Branding Photographer in Los Angeles!…
Caroline White Photography (Caroline relies in LA, however travels all around the world for shoots!)
Caroline additionally shot my maternity photographs so I assumed it will be a very nice synchronicity to have her do the primary birthday photographs too!
So because it was actually simply my husband and I and my mother, we ordered DoorDash sandwiches from certainly one of our fave spots, Gjusta. Easy. Simple. And scrumptious. Outsource all the pieces you’ll be able to mothers. I obtained the veggie sandwich, per common.
That’s it! The day was so beautiful and I’m so blissful I didn’t stress over an enormous social gathering. We had essentially the most superb weekend celebrating Rosalie’s first yr. The greatest yr of my life.
Other takeaways from a primary birthday celebration…
- Too Many Gifts – Don’t do too many items. Seriously, Rosalie opened her card from certainly one of her grandmas and it performed music and lit up …. and that made her complete day. We might have stopped there! The different items have been a bit overwhelming to her. At her age, she simply didn’t want them in any respect. If I have been to do it over, I’d in all probability solely purchase like 1-2 items for her.
- Don’t Expect All Smiles … That’s Just Fine – Rosalie was teething actually badly that complete week so she was a bit fussier than common. And traditions like singing ‘Happy Birthday’ and reducing the cake have been fully overseas to her. She simply didn’t actually care. And typically the singing and loudness of our excitment overwhelmed her to tears. So yeah, take it gradual. And don’t do an excessive amount of without delay.
- Soak it In – I believe after I look again on Rosalie’s first birthday celebration, I’ll bear in mind dancing round in the lounge in my denims and messy bun, crepe paper messily hanging from the partitions, kitty cats operating round, Disney music taking part in, my mother on the sofa and my husband smiling. I’ll bear in mind Rosalie’s huge eyes and look of marvel in any respect the STUFF happening. And I’ll bear in mind her face after we all mentioned HAPPY BIRTHDAY time and again. I’ll bear in mind holding her and snuggling whereas we blew out her candle collectively. I’ll bear in mind the sunbeams and her lengthy nap. Her messy hair and pink costume. I gained’t bear in mind a flowery balloon arch. Not that there’s something unsuitable with these in any respect. But I assume, I simply realized all I wanted to have fun was my candy woman, some music and family members, and yeah, okay, an enormous fancy cake too.
Happy first birthday my candy woman!
I really like you greater than .
And regardless that this was a easy half with a really small visitor record, we nonetheless wanted the remainder of the weekend to recuperate. Sochi cat had the correct concept…