How to Make Caramel Drizzled Apple Pie Bars
There’s nothing fairly just like the scent of heat apple pie baking within the oven, and these apple pie bars definitely don’t disappoint on that entrance. Here’s the recipe:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉. Line your baking pan with some parchment paper.
- Prepare the filling. Use a skillet to mix the chopped candy tart apples, water, lemon juice, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and arrowroot starch.
- Cook the filling. Cook over medium warmth till the apples are tender and the sauce has thickened. Set this apart.
- Prepare the dough. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and a pinch of salt to a bowl and blend to mix. Then add within the almond butter, coconut oil, honey, and pure vanilla extract and blend to mix.
- Prepare for baking. Press ⅔ of your dough combination into the ready baking pan. Pour the apple combination over prime after which crumble the remaining dough over prime of that.
- Bake. Bake within the preheated oven for 25-Half-hour or till the topping turns golden brown and units.
- Cool. Remove from the oven and permit to chill fully.
- Drizzle. Drizzle with do-it-yourself caramel sauce (see beneath for particulars).
- Serve. Slice the bars and serve.
How to Make Homemade Caramel
The do-it-yourself caramel sauce is unbelievable simple to make, but it provides so a lot to those apple pie bars:
- Combine the components. Add the almond butter, honey, coconut oil, and a pinch of salt to a bowl and blend to mix.
- Set apart. Set the caramel sauce apart till the pie bars are performed baking.
- Drizzle. Drizzle the sauce over prime of your pie bars earlier than slicing and serving.
You’re in all probability considering that this caramel sauce may be added to different paleo recipes as properly, and also you’re fairly proper. They go fairly properly with every little thing from pies to pancakes.
Can I Make a Big Batch of These Caramel Drizzled Apple Pie Bars?
You can positively make these apple pie bars in bulk if you’d like. The solely factor I might suggest is for those who plan on making a much bigger batch of those bars, be able to freeze the additional bars. See beneath for added storage ideas for this recipe.
Best Way to Store Homemade Apple Pie Bars
The greatest technique to retailer these bars is to maintain them sealed inside of a giant hermetic container. Make positive to make use of parchment paper to separate the bars if it’s essential stack them.
When saved like this, these apple pie bars will maintain within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days.
However, if you wish to prolong their shelf life additional (or for those who’re making the bars in bulk), you too can freeze them in the identical manner. These bars will maintain within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
More Good Bar Recipes: